Radiant Under-the-Floor Heating Systems: this is a quality heat distribution system that delivers efficient, uniform heat.
Radiant heating systems utilize a boiler to provide heated water that circulates through plastic pipes under the floor. Radiant floor heating is a very efficient and comfortable method of heating a home or office.
Benefits of radiant heating include:
- Maximum flexibility in zoning and temperature controls
- Constant and even heat in all areas of the home
- Cozy, warm floor surfaces for bare foot comfort
- No unsightly baseboard heaters to take up wall space
- Completely silent heating
- System can use air handlers with air conditioning, wood heat, solar heat, or heat pumps
The plastic heating pipes are installed in a concrete or gypcrete floor, or can be attached by clips under a wooden floor. A radiant system can be installed in an existing home or placed into plans for a new home. It requires calculations to be done from the project floor plans and heat loss to be calculated for each room. A report is then generated to detail how many feet of tubing will be required for each room.